How to Measure your Ring Size
Finding your ring size is very simple. Measure the inside diameter of an existing ring (worn on the same hand and finger), and then find that measurement on the ring size chart below.
If you don’t have a ring to use, follow these easy steps:
- Cut a strip of paper long enough to fit around your finger
- Wrap the paper around your finger, just above the knuckle, and mark the point at which the two ends meet
- Measure the paper from mark to mark
- Find that measurement on the ring size chart to locate your size.
Other important points to remember
- The average ring size for women is size 7 (for US and Canada) or size N½ (for UK and Australia).
- The average ring size for men is size 10 (for US and Canada) or size T½ (for UK and Australia).
- When measuring ring size, ensure that you are measuring the same finger and hand on which the ring will be worn.
- When determining the ring size from an existing ring, ensure that the ring you choose to measure is worn on the same finger as the new ring.
- A ring should fit securely enough so that it would never fall off. It should have a comfortable fit when sliding over your knuckle.